Things to do in Times Square
If you're looking for a list of things to do in Times Square during your stay in New York City, look no further. Our hotel is within minutes from all of New York's best local area attractions, dining, and entertainment. Start in Times Square and move on to The MoMA, Central Park, and the Bronx Zoo. It's just a short walk to Madison Square Garden, Bryant Park, and much more. Ready to go? Check out all the things to do in Times Square below.
- Empire State Building (1.4 mi.): Feel the heart of New York. From its spectacular lobby all the way to its majestic observatories, the iconic Empire State Building is the centerpiece of the city’s skyline, as well as a testament to the ingenuity, vision, and spirit of New York. Enjoy 360-degree, panoramic views of Manhattan. It's a sight you won't want to miss.
- Bryant Park (1.1 mi.): The site of winter ice skating at The Pond, free summer movies on the lawn, and endless meals at its tables, Bryant Park serves its role well as a centrally located Manhattan park. The park is an ideal resting spot for the thousands of tourists and residents who pass by its boundaries each day.
- Saint Patrick's Cathedral (1.4 mi.): The Cathedral of Saint Patrick is a decorated Neo-Gothic-style Roman Catholic cathedral church in the United States and a prominent landmark of New York City.
- New York Public Library (1.1 mi.): The New York Public Library is another famous attraction in Manhattan for its beautiful architecture. Housing up to 53 million items, the New York Public Library is the 2nd largest library in the United States.
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center (1.1 mi.): Top of the Rock Observation Deck is New York City’s top sightseeing attraction. Located in midtown Manhattan at historic Rockefeller Center, the views from the 70th-floor observatory are unmatched.
- Central Park (2.2 mi.): One of the most famous parks in the world, Central Park is nestled on 778 acres in the middle of bustling Manhattan. Not only is it the first public park built in America, but it is also one of the most frequently visited, with over 25 million guests per year.
- Broadway Shows & TKTS Times Square (0.5 mi.): While in Manhattan, you have to take advantage of your convenient access to all the musicals and plays at an arm's reach.
- Carnegie Hall (1.3 mi.): Enjoy one of the most prestigious venues in the world for both classical music and popular music.
- Madison Square Garden (1.1 mi.): Home to the New York Rangers and New York Knicks, catch a home game while you're in town. Or catch a concert, boxing match, ice show, circus and more. There are unlimited possibilities at the Garden.
- Bowlmor Lanes (0.7 mi.): Gather friends and family and plan an outing to Bowlmor Lanes. Whether you're playing for fun or keeping score, you're sure to have a fun bowling night.
- Radio City Music Hall (1.8 mi.): Home to the Radio City Rockettes, Radio City Music Hall is an entertainment venue located in the Rockefeller Center.
- AMC Empire & Regal Cinemas (0.4 mi.): Looking for a quiet night in? Visit one of the two movie theaters right in the heart of Times Square. Catch some of your box office favorites and enjoy a bag of buttery popcorn.
- Times Square (0.8 mi.): You won't want to miss some of the mega stores in the Times Square area. Explore unique Times Square shopping as you take in the city lights.
- 5th Avenue (1.0 mi.): Shop to your heart's content at many brand name stores including Burberry, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Apple, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Ferragamo, The LEGO Store, and more.
- Macy's in Herald Square (1.2 mi.): Visit Macy's flagship store right in the heart of Herald Square. A true New York City icon, Macy's was built in 1902 and featured the first modern elevator. It is America's largest department store and covers an entire city block and has ten and a half floors of latest fashion for you and your home.
Museums & Art Galleries
- Museum of Modern Art (1.3 mi.): Spend a couple hours at the museum and enjoy its amazing collection of modern and contemporary American art.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (0.9 mi.): The only museum where visitors can experience the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the first space shuttle Enterprise, a Cold War-era submarine Growler, a British Airways Concorde, and the world’s fastest jets.
- International Center of Photography (0.8 mi.): Photography enthusiasts will not want to miss this. The ICP is dedicated to exploring the possibilities of the photographic medium through dynamic exhibitions of historical and contemporary work.
- Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum (0.5 mi.): Madame Tussaud's keeps your favorite celebrities looking at their best. This family-friendly museum allows you to get up close and personal with your favorite actors, actresses, and singers.
- 5th Avenue
- AMC Empire & Regal Cinemas
- American Girl Place
- Barney's New York
- Bowlmor Lanes
- Brazil Brazil
- Bryant Park
- Carnegie Hall
- Central Park
- Central Park Zoo
- Crossfit Hell's Kitchen
- Empire State Building
- Frames, bowling at Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Heartland Brewery
- International Center of Photography
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- JFK International Airport
- Junior's Cheescake
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Macy's Herald Square
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- Madison Square Garden
- Museum of Modern Art
- New York Public Library
- Penn Station
- Radio City Music Hall
- Roxy Delicatessen
- Shake Shack
- Southern Hospitality
- St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Tabata Ramen
- The Village Pourhouse
- Tiffany & Co.
- Times Square
- TKTS Times Square
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Toys R Us
- Uncle Nick's Greek Restaurant