Things to do in Times Square
If you're looking for a list of things to do in Times Square during your stay in New York City, look no further. Our Four Points team can point you in the right direction.
We're within minutes from all of New York's great local area attractions, dining, and entertainment. Start in Times Square and move on to The MoMA, Central Park or the Bronx Zoo. We've got the best of midtown Manhattan at our doorstep. It's just a short walk to Madison Square Garden, Bryant Park, and much more. Ready to go? Check out our favorite attractions and view our list of things to do in Times Square below.
Museum of Modern Art - Spend a couple hours at the museum and enjoy it's amazing collection of modern and contemporary American art.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum - The only museum where visitors can experience the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the first space shuttle Enterprise, a Cold War-era submarine Growler, a British Airways Concorde, and the world’s fastest jets.
International Center of Photography - Photography enthusiasts will not want to miss this. The ICP is dedicated to exploring the possibilities of the photographic medium through dynamic exhibitions of historical and contemporary work.
Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum - Madame Tussaud's keeps your favorite celebrities looking at their best. This family-friendly museum allows you to get up close and personal with your favorite actors, actresses and singers
- Empire State Building - Feel the heart of New York. From its spectacular lobby all the way to its majestic observatories, the iconic Empire State Building is the centerpiece of the city’s skyline, as well as a testament to the ingenuity, vision and spirit of New York. Enjoy 360-degree, panoramic views of Manhattan. It's a sight you won't want to miss.
- Central Park & Central Park Zoo - One of the most famous parks in the world, Central Park is nestled on 778 acres in the middle of bustling Manhattan. Not only is it the first public park built in America, but it is also one of the most frequently visited, with over 25 million guests per year. One can spend an entire peaceful day roaming its grounds, gazing upon nearly 50 fountains, monuments, and sculptures or admiring its 36 bridges and arche. With recreational facilities abounding, the more energetic won’t have a problem finding a spot to skate, pedal, row, dribble, or climb to his or her heart’s delight. Although Central Park has 21 official playgrounds, we like to think of it as one gigantic jungle gym in its peak season.
Also within the park is the Central Park Zoo which houses approximately 130 different species of animals ranging from snow leopards to tropical birds, and a variety of penguins to red pandas. It's a place the entire family can enjoy!
- Bryant Park - The site of winter ice skating at The Pond, free summer movies on the lawn, and endless meals and meetings at its tables, Bryant Park serves its role well as a centrally located Manhattan park. The park is an ideal resting spot for the thousands of tourists and residents who pass by its boundaries each day.
- New York Public Library - The New York Public Library is another famous attraction in Manhattan for its beautiful architecture. Housing up to 53 million items, the New York Public Library is the 2nd largest library in the United States.
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center - Top of the Rock Observation Deck is New York City’s top sightseeing attraction! Located in midtown Manhattan at historic Rockefeller Center, the views from the 70th floor observatory are unmatched.
Discovery Times Square - Discovery Times Square is New York City's first large-scale exhibition center presenting visitors with limited-run, educational and immersive exhibit experiences while exploring the world's defining cultures, art, history and events. In the past, it has featured exhibitions including Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, Leonardo Da Vinci's Workshop, King Tut, Pompeii: The Exhibit, Harry Potter: The Exhibition, Dead Sea Scrolls: The Exhibition, and most recently Terracotta Warriors: Defenders of China’s First Emperor.
Saint Patrick's Cathedral - The Cathedral of St. Patrick is a decorated Neo-Gothic-style Roman Catholic cathedral church in the United States and a prominent landmark of New York City.
- Times Square - You won't want to miss some of the mega stores in the Times Square area not limited to Forever 21, M&M's World, Hershey's, Toy's R Us, Sephora, Disney Store, and more!
- 5th Avenue - Shop to your heart's content at many brand name stores including Burberry, Abercrombie & Fitch, Ugg, American Girl Place, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Apple, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Ferragamo, The LEGO Store, and more!
- Macy's in Herald Square - Visit Macy's flagship store right in the heart of Herald Square. A true New York City icon, Macy's was built in 1902 and featured the first modern elevator. It is American's largest department store and covers an entire city block and has ten and a half floors of latest fashion for you and your home.
Broadway Shows & TKTS Times Square - While in Manhattan, you have to take advantage of your convenient access to all the musicals and plays at an arm's reach. From Jersey Boys to Wicked to Of Mice and Men to Gazillion Bubble Show, you and the family are sure to delight in many of the on and off Broadway shows. During your stay, be sure to visit the TKTS booth in Times Square and buy 50% off select shows. Go early as there is limited availability!
Carnegie Hall - Enjoy on of the most prestigious venues in the world for both classical music and popular music.
Madison Square Garden - Home to the New York Rangers and New York Knicks, catch a home game while you're in town. Or catch a concert, boxing match, ice show, circus and more! There are unlimited possibilities at the Garden.
Radio City Music Hall - Home to the Radio City Rockettes, Radio City Music Hall is an entertainment venue located in Rockefeller Center in New York City.
Dave & Buster's - Eat, drink and play games! Dave & Buster's is fun for the whole family.
Bowlmor Lanes - Gather friends and family and plan an outing to Bowlmor Lanes. Whether you're playing for fun or keeping score, you're sure to have a fun bowling night.
AMC Empire & Regal Cinemas - Looking for a quiet night in? Visit one of the two movie theaters right in the heart of Times Square. Catch some of your box office favorites and munch of a bag of buttery popcorn.